• Learned Nakturnal's approach for digital marketing campaigns including Influencer Marketing, PPC, SEM,and SEO
• Increased my understanding of navigating sales funnels
• Assisted with launching the Goddess Nest Co-Working Collaborative
• Interacted directly with client projects
• Developed assessments of client keyword search activity and how to optimize keyword usage to increase website SEO
• Utilized knowledge of Google Drive suite of tools (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms) to assist the Goddess Nest Collective in maximizing their member retention and data collection.
• Assisted with setup and breakdown of branding events
• Interact with community to develop strong brand connections
• Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude for all brand activities
Event & Marketing Manager
As Office Manager 2017-2019
• Grew practice from one location to multiple during tenure
• Increased practice collections by 30% over a 2 year span
• Hired and Trained for the Front Desk and Marketing Departments
• Highly involved in recruiting and interviewing for all positions in the office
• Created reporting and tracking tools to maximize productivity and profits
• Worked closely with the billing department to ensure high insurance collections for all patient visits
As Event & Marketing Manager 2013-2017
• Created and Defined the Community Outreach Coordination and Marketing Job Descriptions and Departments
• Trained junior marketers and event assistants
• Coordinated closely with contracted massage therapy employees to ensure adequate staffing at all events
• Organized 20-40 hours of outreach events monthly
• Presented as a public speaker on health and wellness topics to corporate partners and the general public
As Receptionist 2012-2013
• Created a welcoming environment for all patients and their families
• Streamlined the check-in and paperwork process allowing the office to nearly double it's patient visits within one year
• Connected office to online portals necessary to streamline insurance verification processes and accuracy
• Full service copy center duties including facsimile, binding and large format printing
• Provided pack and ship services to local antique auction houses specializing in extremely rare and high value items
• Provided training for all associates, created training materials & programs
Rowland School of Business
Sports Arts and Entertainment Management
The Sports, Arts and Entertainment management program at Point Park University is among the most innovative business programs in the United States. In this program I will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business Management while focused on the intricacies of Marketing and Event Management in the Sports and Entertainment Fields.
I chose to return to school after a decade away because I have never lost my passion for learning. Finishing my education and receiving my Bachelor's Degree has been a dream that I now find becoming a reality.
Marketing & Management
At Red Rocks I illustrated my desire to be constantly learning. Despite hurdles that made pursuing an education difficult, I wouldn't be dissuaded from continuing my education as much as possible.
While at Red Rocks I focused on learning basic business management skills, with a focus in marketing and public communication. I was fortunate enough to compete and place 2nd in the Colorado Community Colleges Persuasive Speaking Competition.
Accounting & Business Management
At CU Denver I was fortunate enough to continue my education in accounting and eventually transitioned to embrace my love for business management.
Business Management: Entrepreneurship
There is no setting more beautiful for a college freshman than to be nestled deep in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. At Western State I discovered my passion for writing, uncovered a hidden talent for Accounting, and expanded my love for the intricacies of business management.
Assisted with organizing 2014 “Out of the Darkness" Walk
Core volunteer participating in leadership training and prevention program
Assisted with organizing and keynote presenter at the 2014 “Survivors of Suicide Loss Day”
The Goal: Create a Pokemon Go Group in the Pittsburgh Region
The Client: Pittsburgh Pokemon Go Players
In Conjunction with: Rob Holtz
Team Firestorm is the largest active social networking group for Augmented Reality Games in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
This project began as just a fun idea between friends, and has grown to encompass multiple social media channels, with over 500 followers. We host weekly events dedicated to supporting our members as they play their favorite Augmented Reality Games (typically Pokemon Go).
Since it's founding in 2017 I have been responsible for the social media management, website development and marketing for the project. We have helped many players develop and maintain friendships, and have plans to continue maintaining the project for as long as we have players willing to join our Team!
The Goal: Create a consistent Graphic Design package
The Client: Point Perk Entertainment
The Class: Talent and Booking Management
Point Perk Entertainment and the Talent and the Booking Management class work together to keep a constant supply of events on stage at Point Perk Cafe - ranging from Open Mic nights to poetry readings. For this project I was tasked with creating a consistent graphics package to advertise these events to the student body.
This was accomplished by creating a style guide for the brand, including templates for the flyer and digital media ads. Advertisements had to both reflect the Point Perk Entertainment brand, as well as the branding for the acts and shows that were occurring within the space.
The Goal: Create a working tour route for a mid-sized band
One of the major challenges in booking a tour is in the logistics of planning a route for the tour. For this project we were asked to meet specific criteria for distance traveled daily, budget and venue size, and aimed to play shows in major markets.
I was able to create a 7 week tour that included 34 shows and under the restrictions provided had a net profit of $48,774.
This project tested my own ability to handle logistics. I feel the final product is a fantastic example how I will approach logistics and planning in any situation - with a significant level of organization and planning.
The Goal: Scale a selection of shows in an Arena Setting
Every show is unique in its box office and ticketing needs, and often the profitability of a show is based on how well you scale the ticket prices. This project involved scaling seven different events to maximize profits and attendance.
For this project I created an excel spreadsheet specifically designed to ease the scaling process and ensure consistent, reliable reporting of net potential for events.
The Goal: Improve the client's SEO by utilizing keywords in blog posts relevant to her interests
The Client: Kellee Maize
Kellee Maize is a nationally performing musician as well as the CEO of Nakturnal.org. As an intern for Nakturnal.org, I was tasked with creating content as a writer on her blog - with an eye toward SEO development.
A major part of this project was developing content relevant to the interests of my client, Kellee, as well as relevant to her brand. Additionally, each piece had to be keyword optimized to increase her website SEO. This was accomplished using Ahrefs research and careful work to ensure we were linking accurate and relevant sources with keyword specific verbage.
Additionally, as part of the content creation process I was required to source and use creative commons graphics and photographs.
The Goal: Create a working event plan
The Client: Team Firestorm
The Class: Event Management
For this event I chose to plan a hypothetical event for Team Firestorm - using their Pokemon Go Event structure as a way to raise money for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
As the lead admin of Team Firestorm, I started this project interested in genuinely putting on the event, however after completion we determined it wasn't quite right with the goals of the organization. However, we did end up utilizing much of the plan for our Summer of Fun Poke-Potluck in September of 2019.
The Goal: Work with a group to create a full marketing plan
The Client: Artsburgh - Flexpass
The Class: Sports, Arts and Entertainment Marketing
For this client and course I worked with four other students in a group to create a full marketing plan for the Artsburgh Flexpass. Over the course of 3 months we researched every option to create our final plan.
Leading up to the final project linked here we created a situational analysis, a positioning and segmentation analysis, SWOT and eventually came up with our Big Idea - the Pittsburgh Date night.
This project created invaluable friendships with the members of my team, as well as generated a workable plan for Artsburgh to increase their sales of the Flexpass, which we presented to the client as our final.
The Goal: Generate an understanding of the requirements of a job in the Sports, Arts and Entertainment industry.
The Class: SAEM 101 - The business of SAEM
I shadowed with Kristin Burr at the Fairmont for a period of two months, working with her to learn the needs of hosting VIP guests and groups at The Fairmont. Because this hotel is the only luxury hotel located in Pittsburgh, it handles a many of the VIP guests that must stay in the area. Meeting the needs of these clients is a huge part of what makes the Fairmont successful, and Kristin is the person who makes everything happen.
For this shadowing I was tasked with helping to meet client needs and special requests for rooms. I watched as Kristin worked through riders and ensured a guest experience would meet all expectations. I attended arrivals and departures for the guests.
I feel like this position gave me a great understanding for the need for discretion with VIP clients, and also the importance of meeting client needs - particularly as you may not understand why a request is being made, but that doesn't make it any less important.